Here are 10 tips to prevent theft at restaurants:
1. Install alarms in stores. Rollover door locks are currently not an effective security measure. Criminal groups use shears to open the padlocks. A lanfor door - on average - can be opened in less than 30 seconds, according to police.
3. If you have an alarm system check it regularly to verify that it works 100%.
5. Do not keep large amounts of cash in the box. Although it is tedious, send trusted personnel to deposit the money with a bank. Another option is to store the silver in secret places that only you know.
6. Keep in your custody the keys to the premises. Do not leave near the cash register, the counter or in plain sight of customers. Remember that stealing your keys makes you vulnerable and may be the first step before you are robbed.
8. If your store is open until night, install powerful lights outdoors. It is a security measure to scare off criminal groups.
9.Before closing, check the restrooms to see if there are no hidden strangers.
10. Do not place furniture in front of windows. Neither posters nor calendars. This can make it difficult to see what is happening on the premises or outdoors. If a theft is recorded and there are obstacles in the windows, the robbery may go unnoticed by neighbors.
Article published in The Comercio.com