It is no secret that people use the Internet to discover new restaurants, write reviews, navigate menus and make reservations. Market your restaurant sometimes it can be tricky in today's digital world. You need creative ideas of restaurant marketing to attract customers and keep them coming back for more!
Before you can dive into marketing for your audience, you must define who they are! These promoting millennials , the older generation, families with children?
This step is crucial before you can start marketing with your creative marketing ideas on restaurants Because without a clearly defined audience it is not possible to build an advertising campaign. The more clearly you can define your target audience, the easier it will be to create content, ads, and emails.
For example, if you are a restaurant Marketing for the millennial generation, you'll want to produce content that appeals to them and uses their jargon.
Chipotle ran an ad for its millennial diners who always find new ways to pronounce words. It's funny and makes it clear that no matter how you want to pronounce your brand, your food is still delicious.
Using relatable jargon can help your brand align with your customers and increase your brand awareness. The next time someone craves a burrito, you can bet this ad will be on their mind.
Creative restaurant marketing ideas
- Create social media challenges or contests
Everyone loves to win free stuff and a social media contest is a fun way to promote your brand. Try a gift contest where you ask people to tag their favorite friend!
This can help you gain more followers, increase your brand visibility, and get more customers to review your business. If the winner has never dined with you before, it will give you a chance to try their restaurant without risks.
- Understand how hashtags work
The hashtags They are a great tool to have in your creative marketing ideas box. restaurants. Why hashtags are important to you restaurant? They can help build brand awareness, increase engagement, and get customers to walk through your doors.
- what your company represents
- what kind of food do you serve
- where to find you
If your restaurant constantly uses a hashtag, it will encourage your followers to use it as well. This increases engagement and builds a community of clients. Once your hashtag gains popularity, it will start to increase your customer base and have your online followers come through your doors!
Black Sheep is a restaurant that uses popular hashtags in your area, as well as its own branded hashtag. This increases the visibility of your posts and helps them gain more followers.
Professional advice - Use niche hashtags combined with popular hashtags. If you only use popular hashtags, your post will be lost in the mix. Use local hashtags to make your posts appear in your geographic area.
After all, it's more than likely that you're targeting people close to you.
In addition to using niche hashtags, you'll want to monitor the number of hashtags you use. Too many can be annoying and lessen engagement just as too few can be ineffective.
- User generated content
User generated content can make your life a lot easier! By using the content your followers post, you can save time and money.
92% of people trust other people's recommendations about brand content. People don't like sellers' sales content; they trust their peers. So use content that average people post to promote your brand.
The best part of this is that you can use their content for free! As a restaurant, you most likely have tons of user-generated content because people love to take and post photos of their food.
User-generated content is usually an indicator of a trustworthy or trustworthy brand. If other people are promoting your brand, this is basically as if they were giving you a great review!
Using your followers' content helps you as a brand connect with people on a human level and be authentic.
Let's put together these first creative marketing ideas from restaurants.
In 2014 Starbucks wanted to create a new design for their limited edition coffee mug. But he decided that instead of wasting time and money designing, they would go to their loyal consumers to create one for themselves! They asked users to submit photos of their mugs with the hashtag #whitecupcontest. The winner would receive $ 300 as well as their cup. Starbucks has combined a contest with user-generated content and a hashtag.
The best combination of creative marketing ideas for restaurants!
- Focus on local SEO
If you're just going to pick one of these creative marketing ideas from restaurants For your business, it better be this! The SEO local for restaurants it's crucial. If it doesn't show up when potential customers search in your local area, you can't expect to get a lot of business.
Your goal should be to rank in your local package, also known as the top three places on the Google map when users search for a specific keyword like "best pizza." These top three restaurants will receive the most traffic simply because they are the first results the user sees. Creative restaurant marketing ideas may not be enough to get you ranked on local SEO, Here are some tips!
– Get good reviews. Reviews they build trust with their potential customers. Encourage people to review your business on Yelp, Google, Facebook or the platforms you prefer. Inevitably there will be bad reviews, so make sure you're constantly monitoring comments and reviews so that you can respond to customers who may have had a bad experience at your restaurant.
– Google My Business and local listings . Your Google My Business shows customers when you're open, your address, contact information, and even photos and reviews. Take your business to local listings. Claim it on Yelp, Foursquare and any other review site. This will increase your chances of showing up in the local search.
– Be consistent. Just as it is important to be consistent with your dining and dining experience, you must maintain the name, phone number, and address of your restaurant on all platforms. This includes all social media platforms and any listing where your restaurant appears. Even the slightest alteration can confuse customers or search engines.
– Update your website! Verify that every detail is correct on your site. This will keep both customers and search engines happy.
Search engines are constantly crawling websites to make sure they remain active and relevant. If your site hasn't been touched in years, this could give them a reason to give it a lower search ranking.
As for your customers, it is very important to update your site to reflect their current menu and times! If a customer comes to your restaurant and it's closed because the hours on their website are wrong, they just missed a sale and possibly ruined someone's day.
- Web design for restaurants.
Having a restaurant web design The first category allows you to start the gastronomic experience before the client enters your establishment. You can use their website to show diners the atmosphere as well as their drinks and menu items.
You'll want to make sure your site is mobile friendly too! If someone is hungry, the chances of them taking the time to get their computer out are slim. And they are likely already on the go and will use a smartphone to quickly find a restaurant.
- Boost posts or create sponsored ads
In addition to posting on social media, you'll need to create ads or pay to increase your posts.
Platforms like Facebook are “pay to play” sites. Some of your followers may see your post, but to spread the word about your business you need to have an advertising budget. When you pay to advertise your posts, you can choose your target audience, location, and more!
If you choose to push a post, this is simply paying to advertise a post you already have on your Facebook or Instagram page that you think needs more traffic.
An ad is a post that you create with the intention of generating leads, clicks, or conversions.
When you pay for enhanced posts and ads, you'll have access to Insights that can help you grow your business even further.
Here are some creative restaurant marketing ideas to outshine your competitors on social media!
– Show your menu with a video ad. Videos allow you to go deeper than photos and can engage potential customers and make it easier for them to consume information.
– Using emerging technology . Target recently released an ad with a 360-degree image of their store. This allows your customers to interact with your ad, increasing engagement and making the advertising experience fun!
– Do you have an application? Increase your mobile app user base with app install ads. This encourages users to download their app and use it the next time they order.
Pro tip: Advertising on social networks is the cheapest form of advertising that exists! If you've ever spent money on a billboard, newspaper or magazine ad, your social media advertising budget will be nothing compared to these old-school forms of advertising.
Social media monitoring consists of verifying your comments on various platforms, verifying comments and tagged posts. What do people say about your restaurant on social media?
You, as a restaurant owner or manager, should double-check everything that is labeled in your restaurant or any posted comments. This is important so that you can catch spam comments or correct posts that contain incorrect information.
If you don't have time to monitor the numerous comments and posts from your followers, consider hiring a social media management company to do it for you!
- Loyalty program
Having a loyalty program is a great way to increase your sales . One way to start customers on your loyalty program is to get emails from customers.
Firebirds sends emails like this to their clients on a regular basis. They use language like “inner circle” and “$ 10 discount just for you” so that their subscribers feel part of an exclusive club. Through their email campaigns, they offer discounts and coupons for customers to go out to dinner.
- Write a blog
Blog It may seem like the last thing you want to do for your restaurant, but this can be a great way to share recipes, tips and tricks or to share your restaurant's history. Not to mention, it can help you be found online.
For example, you can tell people how to make their recipes at home, which means they can do it entirely at home. But nothing beats your chefs at home.
You should also be blogging for your local clientele. Tell them about local events you participated in or other activities you have done in the community.
When people read your blog, they spend time on your website. What it tells search engines that your website is relevant and useful. Which leads to your restaurant being ranked higher in search results
- Use Pinterest to post your food photos
Pinterest allows you to post photos of your food that you can link to your website or social media platforms. The pins are constantly fixed and repainted, creating an endless marketing cycle for your restaurant.
If you post your best food photos (even if they're not recipes), they will definitely be replaced. Make sure your name and brand are attached to your pins. That way, when people discover them, they know exactly where to go to enjoy their dishes!
- Email marketing for restaurants
Email Marketing It is an essential marketing tactic that all companies, even restaurants, should use!
First you need to build your list first. Consider a popup on your website or landing page to collect emails from customers.
You can even pick them up at your restaurant, but note that you'll have to manually add them to your email API later.
Once you build your list, you can start building email campaigns, as well as automated emails .
If you're thinking “What am I possibly going to email about?” Here are some creative restaurant marketing ideas you can work on in your email campaigns.
- Email customers if it changes or send weekly specials
- Tell them about the events you are having
- Make an exclusive customer thank you day for subscribers where they get a discount
- Share the story or history of your restaurant
Remember, not all emails need to sell your restaurant. Provide your subscribers with content from quality to continue opening their emails and interacting with you.
- Working with influencers
It's time to access their food market and have them post photos of their food. Influencers are people who already have a large following who generally listen to your advice and suggestions.
Invite them to come try your restaurant and ask them to post photos or their thoughts about their food for their followers to see. If you can get a food influencer at your restaurant, you can give your competition the edge.
Atladventurer is an account managed by a blogger who works with different restaurants, tries different foods and reviews them for his followers. Her appetizing photos encourage her 50.6k followers to try the restaurants they visit.
If you can get an influencer like this to try out your restaurant, you can take advantage of this massive following and hopefully win some loyal customers!
- Make Your Food "Insta Worthy"
Many people, especially millennials, go to restaurants just to be able to photograph food. If you post beautiful photos on your Instagram page, you can draw on this target market.
Think of something creative that other restaurants haven't done yet. Have an exclusive food or drink that stands out. Once you have this down, you will need to take an amazing photo.
Need some food photo tips?
– Keep alert . When you post photos of your food, they should be clear, clean, and sharp. A low-quality photo lacks professionalism. While a high-quality photo will make your followers and potential customers want to eat at your restaurant.
This first photo is a low quality photo. There is some glare on the plate and the photo is dim and contains some blur. Colors are not attractive and looks sloppy.
This photo is of high quality. It is crisp, bright, clean and has a level of professionalism that the first photo doesn't.
– Post unique photos . Don't post the same shot over and over with different dishes. Combine it with close-ups, panoramic shots, or photos of someone eating. The more diverse your photos are, the better you can keep people interested and interested in your content.
– Get good lighting . You probably have windows in your restaurant that let in very good light during the day. Find out which ones work best and take photos in front of them! You will be amazed at how this natural light can enhance your food photos.
– Post content from your followers . Has your restaurant ever been tagged in a great photo of one of your followers? You can republish it on your page! Just remember to give them credit. This makes other people want to come try your restaurant in hopes of republishing their photos as well.
Pro tip: not only share photos of your food, but also make sure to show the atmosphere of the dining room! This will attract your customers and give them an idea of the atmosphere you have created in your restaurant.
Now put it all together
One of the most important creative restaurant marketing ideas we can give you is to stay flexible! Sometimes the tactics you use may not work. Don't get stuck on an idea. If something doesn't work, change it. There are so many creative restaurant marketing ideas that you can use for your marketing campaigns.
Original article: LyfeMarketing