The new technology what is imposed
La technology retail and restaurants is a category of new agri-food technology companies that covers technologies and services aimed at making food retail companies more profitable, as well as improving the supermarket shopper experience, in restaurants and other physical stores. The category includes technology including retail robotics, stacking robots, 3D food printers, POS systems, and IoT food waste monitoring.
With Amazon's employeeless supermarkets and the increase in purchases From online groceries, retailers increasingly seek technology to optimize their performance while offering consumers exactly what they are looking for.
In 2018, startups in the category raised $ 1.7 billion in funds, representing a 14% decrease from $ 1.9 billion in 2017, according to the AgriFood Technology Investment Report . Despite the drop, the industry did get some major deals, including the $ 115 million Toast Series D led by T. Rowe Price, which valued the company at $ 1.4 billion. Brazilian delivery company Loggi was on his heels with $ 111 million.
Here are the top 20 innovative food funds of 2018:
- Toast : The Boston-based company completed a $ 115 million D Series led by T. Rowe Price for its software platform restaurant POS. Closed a Series E of $ 250 million last month.
- Loggi - The Sao Paulo-based company completed a $ 111 million Series D led by SoftBank Vision Fund for its logistics tool.
- DTT - The Los Angeles-based company completed a $ 80 million debt financing led by CapitalSource, Capital One and the Administrative Agent for its video-based loss prevention and surveillance technologies.
- Bingobox : The Guangdong, China-based company completed a $ 80 million Series B led by GGV Capital and Forsun Capital for its unmanned convenience store technology.
- TouchBistro : The New York-based company completed a $ 70 million D Series led by OMERS Ventures and JP Morgan Chase & Co. for its iPad-based point of sale system that manages reservations and takes orders instantly.
- R - The Great Lakes-based company completed a $ 70 million Series C Series C run by Georgian partners for its worker social food ordering app leveraging companies like Spotify and Goldman Sachs.
- Paytronix Systems, Inc. - The Newton, Massachusetts-based company completed a $ 65 million private equity round led by Great Hill Partners for its technology selling restaurants and retail sales that promote customer loyalty.
- ShopKeep - The New York-based company completed a $ 65 million E Series led by Tribeca Venture Partners for its cloud-based POS system for iPad.
- Meiwei Buyongdeng : Shanghai-based company completed $ 63 million D-Series from Alibaba and Ctrip.com for its mobile app that helps restaurants to manage your reservations while reducing customer waiting times.
- Ascend Wellness : The Boston-based company completed a $ 40 million risk round led by Shire Capital Advisors, Salveo Capital, Poseidon Asset Management and JM10 Partners for its vertically integrated cannabis business.
- Crew : The San Francisco-based company completed a $ 35 million Series C led by Tenaya Capital and DAG Ventures for its communications application.
- Moka - The Jakarta-based company completed a $ 33 million Series B run by Sequoia Capital India for its fintech point of sale software targeting small and medium businesses.
- Acewill - The Beijing-based company completed a $ 32 million C Series led by Meituan-Dianping for its SaaS catering technology.
- Farmer's Fridge : X-based company completed $ 30 million C Series led by Innovation Endeavors for its vegetable-centric meals prepared daily at its kitchen.
- Merrco payments : The Toronto, Canada-based company completed a $ 30 million private placement funding for its payment solution software for cannabis and other regulated industries.
- Bossa Nova Robotics Inc. - The San Francisco-based company completed a $ 29 million C Series led by Cota Capital for its real-time product data for the retail industry.
- CitiXsys - The New York-based company completed a $ 25 million Series B led by Housatonic Partners for its retail and hospitality industry software solutions.
- People : The Zurich-based company completed a $ 21 million risk round led by One Peak Partners, Harbert European Growth Capital and Goldman Sachs Private Capital Investing for its on-demand job platform.
- Punchh, Inc. - The San Mateo-based company completed a $ 20 million Series B led by Sapphire Ventures for its digital marketing products targeting traditional retailers that take advantage of artificial intelligence and machine learning.