What is quality customer service?
Two primary dimensions make up the Quality service to the client: the procedural dimension and the personal dimension. Each one of them is decisive for the delivery of a quality. The procedural part of the service consists of the systems and procedures established for the delivery of products and services. The personal part of the service refers to how the staff (using their verbal attitudes, behaviors and techniques) interact with the clients.
Un restaurant well managed it works like the gears of a good watch. Each part (dining room, kitchen, lounge bar) does his thing to contribute to the whole. Like the clock, the gears must smoothly harmonize together, or the system breaks down. Every part of the restaurant it depends on another to function in harmony and maintain a continuous flow of service.
When you sell something to your customers they may not be familiar with ... You should be able to answer these basic questions:
What are the characteristics of the product?
- Which ones are your ingredientes?
- How is it made?
- What does it look like?
- What are the benefits for customers if they buy the product?
- Why should your customers buy it?
- What is in the product for them?
|The Five Steps of Suggestive Selling: Example|
|Expand your customers' knowledge of what's available. (Don't assume they will read the menu.)||"Don't forget the apple pie we make"|
|Explain the characteristics of what you are selling. (Use your product knowledge).||"His deep dish and his daily barbecue"|
|Describe the benefits of what you are selling.||"It tastes great" / "Fills up much less"|
|Ask to order. (Be polite and discreet) / (Show your enthusiasm).||"Shall I bring you a piece?"|
|Praise the customer for the choice she / he has made. (Make your customers feel good about your choice even if they haven't followed your suggestions)||"You will see that you will like it very much"|
What do you do when customers are not satisfied or complain?
Steps to follow:
- Listen carefully to the complaint.
- Repeat the complaint again to the customer to ensure that you heard it correctly.
- Acknowledge the client's feelings (anger, frustration, disappointment, etc.).
- Explain the action you will take to correct the problem.
- Thank the customer for calling attention to the problem.
- Never: Argue, criticize, ignore or challenge.
- Try to ensure that all customers leave the restaurant happy and satisfied.
Decalogue of good service
- The customer is the most important.
- Knowing how to receive is as important as knowing how to fire.
- Make the letter easier to read. Suggest.
- Don't try to show that you know more than the customer.
- Try to serve without disturbing.
- Talking to the customer is good. Establishing a conversation is dangerous.
- Do not force also information at your choice. Help him.
- The dining room is not a market, nor a soccer field. Speak quietly and what is necessary.
- You are part of the environment. The environment has to be pleasant. Try to be.
- Don't think about what you are doing. Think about what you have to do to get the customer back.
Main imbalances that hinder the quality of services.
There are conceptual imbalances that spoil the efforts that can be made to achieve a level of quality or increase it. Four of them are of great importance for their extremely harmful consequences and must be thoroughly analyzed by administrations as follows:
- La address you have information of a customer expectation that is different from the customer's actual wishes.
- The plans established by the management for the service do not respond to your knowledge of customer expectations.
- The quality level of the service offered is lower than that specified by the management.
- Discrepancies between the actual service and what is reported to customers.
Techniques for studying the service delivery process
In order to obtain the necessary information to be able to analyze the work process for quality, the following techniques were used:
- Analysis of documents
- Process diagram
- Paretto diagram
- Cause-Effect Diagram
All these techniques allow us to reach the servuction process in which we interrelate the actions between the client-installation-service provider, in all their moments of contact and thus we come to adequately prepare the procedure manual for each installation and each position.
For the correct definition and preparation of this document we must follow the following steps:
Definition of the entity or dependency; for which we will answer the following questions:
- What is it?
- What's wrong with it?
- What do they do?
- Who do you answer to or report to?
- What is its functional or departmental structure?
- What is your mission and vision?
- What are your objectives?
- What is your organization chart and template?
Define in each job what he does, how he does it, when he does it, with what he does it and where he does it, at the opening, during the service and at the end of the shift.
Main problems detected.
- Slow service.
- Little variety of the offer.
- Inadequate food temperature.
- Inadequate hours for different services.
- Use of a lot of fat in the preparation of meals.
- Use of excess sugar and salt in the preparation of the dishes.
- Fruits are considered as desserts by many tourists.
- The cheeses are not presented with their names.
- Sweets in syrup are presented with cheeses.
Everything that should come out in cold dishes or glassware so that it is kept longer with the required temperature, and what comes out hot in hot dishes with a temperature slightly higher than that of consumption so that it arrives with it when preparing it for the customer.
Meal times must have flexibility to meet the demand and tastes of our customers, to the best of our ability. The schedules that best encompass desires are:
- Breakfast: 7:00 am - 10:00 am
- Lunch: 12:00 m. - 3:00 pm
- Lunch: 5:30 pm - 11:00 pm
The menus should be made looking preferably for a combination of Cuban and international food, looking for a new daily variety of national food dishes, avoiding the use of much fat in its preparation, as well as the use of salt and sugar properly and without exaggerations.
The fruits They must be presented as starters and as desserts in the menu offerings.
The cheeses will be placed as an offer within the menu clarifying their names. Sweets in syrup will not be offered with cheese especially to French tourists as they consider it to be in very bad gastronomic taste.