Kitchen equipment that every restaurant needs
Restaurant kitchen equipment
Kitchen equipment is the cornerstone of any commercial kitchen. When choosing the kitchen equipment for your restaurantBe sure to think about which equipment you will use most often. While smaller equipment may be less expensive, it may not meet your capacity needs if you use it regularly, which will cost your business more in the long run.
Here is our list of essential kitchen equipment for restaurants:
- Oven: This versatile kit can be used for baking, broiling, braising, and more. As a result, one oven (or multiple ovens, depending on your business) is essential.
- Stoves: You can choose between electric or gas stoves, according to your preferences and kitchen settings.
- Fryer: While deep fryers are great for making potato chips, chicken tenders, and other customer favorites, you can use them to fry a variety of foods.
- Grill: the Roasters and other grills impart a smoky, charred flavor that's perfect for many different recipes.
- Plates: Similar to grills but with a flat metal surface, griddles are a mainstay in diners and can be used for a variety of different cooking methods.
- Maintenance crew: holding cabinets keep your food at a specific temperature, making them ideal for keeping food until ready to serve or for tasting breads before baking.
- Salamander or Broiler: These products are perfect for finishing dishes, toasting bread or melting cheese. In addition, salamanders have a high enough heat output for grilling salmon or cooking food.
- Toaster: if your restaurant It will be open for breakfast, a commercial toaster is a must for your bread and rolls.
- Brewer coffee: Coffee is a very popular drink, and it's a great addition to your beverage service, even if you're not going to open a coffee shop or bakery.
- Microwave: Microwaves are a convenient way to heat sauces, defrost frozen food, and reheat products.
Also, with kitchen equipment, it is essential that you choose the right type of energy for your kitchen. Also, be aware that you may need additional gas hoses and other components to successfully install your kitchen equipment.
Check these kitchen appliances on your kitchen equipment list restaurant using the link below.
Refrigeration and Storage Equipment
Refrigeration and storage provide you with a place to store your equipment and ingredients. The most important factor to consider when choosing storage equipment is capacity and shape. You should choose equipment that can handle the amount of food your restaurant will need, as well as equipment that matches your kitchen design.
There are many different styles of refrigeration equipment, and the style you choose will depend on your restaurant type and your specific refrigeration needs. But, here are some examples that a standard restaurant could choose:
- Fridge: Some common types of coolers include tubeless coolers, range, passage options or preparation coolers. Your restaurant will likely require a combination of different types.
- Freezer: Like refrigerators, freezers come in various sizes and styles to meet your food needs and capabilities.
- Ice machine: Ice machines are an essential component of beverage service in any restaurant. Also, cafes, bars, and supermarkets can use ice to make smoothies or cocktails.
- Beverage dispensers Some establishments such as fast food and restaurants Fast casuals may have self-serve beverage dispensers, while others may have them at waiting stations. When choosing a dispenser, think about how many soft drink options you want to serve and what brand of soft drink you will choose.
You can purchase this refrigeration equipment and everything else your new business needs by clicking the following link:
In addition to refrigeration, all restaurants They will need ingredient storage equipment as well as small items and equipment. Here are some standard storage equipment you'll find in most restaurants:
- Shelves: You can use shelves in your refrigerator or freezer to store different foods. You can also use shelves to store pots, pans, dishes, dry ingredients, and more. Shelves come in a variety of sizes and configurations, allowing you to customize your shelf for your space.
- Public service buses and cars: the cars of Buses and utilities are essential to have in the kitchen due to their usefulness. You can use them in the front area of the house to transport the tables or in the area at the back of the house to move heavy equipment or ingredients.
- Skillet Racks: The Skillet racks are designed to store and transport food, but you can also use them to hold and taste breads. Skillet racks are designed to be tall rather than wide, so they have a small footprint, making them ideal for tight kitchens.
- containers food storage : food storage containers are the perfect multipurpose tools. You can use them to store prepared ingredients, mix sauces and broths, or store dry items like pasta or rice. Best of all, many food storage containers come with lids or colored markings, so you can color-code them for easy organization.
- Drying racks: Drying racks provide a place not only to store your equipment, but also to air dry it. You can use drying racks to dry tableware, glassware, cookware, cutting boards, utensils, and more.
- Stowage racks: the stowage racks are similar to drying racks in that they are used to dry equipment, but stowage racks are generally only a few inches off the ground. You can use them for heavy items like canned goods, rice bags, or large equipment.
Also, when equipping your new kitchen with refrigeration and storage equipment, consider what your menu and how much food you will have to store. This will give you a better idea of how many refrigerators, freezers and shelves you will need.
You can purchase these storage products and more using the link below:
Food preparation equipment
When it comes to food preparation equipment, different restaurants will have multiple items on their kitchen equipment list, depending on their recipes. Rather than listing all the potential items you could order, we limit our list of professional kitchen equipment to the essentials that most food service operations would need:
- Food processors: These versatile devices can help reduce valuable setup time. You can use them to make sauces, combine ingredients, chop vegetables, cut cheese, and more.
- Preparation tables: Place appliances and equipment on top of these sturdy tables, or use them as a surface to prepare ingredients or assemble dishes.
- Mixers: While bakeries and pizzerias may use commercial mixers more frequently, this is a useful piece of equipment that every restaurant should have.
- Spice mills: yes While using pre-ground spices is inexpensive, freshly ground spices and herbs have a unique flavor that can give your recipes a greater depth of flavor.
- Blenders: Most commonly found in bars and coffee shops, blenders have a multitude of uses. You can use them to make drinks, combine sauces, or create marinades.
Find all these food preparation products and much more for your kitchen using the following link:
Smallwares are the tools that your employees will use in the kitchen to prepare and cook their dishes. When ordering small items for your new kitchen, be sure to buy the right amount, so your employees aren't fighting for the same item. Here is our list of the small items essential for your commercial kitchen:
- Chef knives: A sharp set of knives is the most important tool set in a kitchen. Sharp kitchen knives not only make food preparation easy, they also reduce the risk of accidents and cuts.
- Chopping boards: Also, if you want to color code your kitchen to avoid cross contamination, you can purchase various colors of cutting boards and follow HACCP guidelines.
- Mixing bowls: When purchasing mixing bowls, be sure to get multiple sizes for different applications.
- Pans: there are many different types of pans, such as sauce, stir fry, braising, and frying. Consider what types your kitchen needs and in what quantity before placing your order.
- Pots: Similar to pans, there are various types of pots, such as stock pots, double boilers, pasta pots, sauce pots, and more.
- Whisks: Whisks is a useful tool that you can use to add air to your ingredients, giving them a light and fluffy texture. You can also choose between the different types of beaters for the one that best suits your needs.
- Food trays: Bake dishes in food trays or use them to keep food in a food warmer until ready to serve. Food trays are especially essential for catering services for transporting food and buffets for serving food on steam tables.
- Kitchen spoons: Stir the sauces in the area at the back of the house, serve food on your buffet, or remove ingredients from a bowl with kitchen spoons. These versatile tools should be on the equipment list of all restaurants.
- Turns: If your restaurant or eatery plans to use grills, rotisseries, or grills, turns are a must-have. Choose lathes with high-temperature handles to keep your employees' hands safe.
- Tweezers: Tongs are very useful, and you can use them to prepare food, plate or serve, depending on your needs.
You can buy all these products and everything you need by clicking on the following link:
Cleaning is essential in the food service industry, so you must be sure that your new business has all the cleaning equipment and cleaning supplies you need. Different restaurants may require different cleaning supplies depending on the appliances and floors they have, but here is a list of essential cleaning supplies each operation will need:
- Microfiber cloths and cleaning cloths: the Microfiber cloths and rags have many uses in restaurants, from cleaning spills, cleaning tables and chairs, polishing glassware, and more.
- 3-compartment sink: These products are essential to completely clean and disinfect your products and follow health codes. In addition to your 3-compartment sink, you'll also need to invest in a grease trap and commercial faucet.
- Chemicals and disinfectants for food service : Choose the right chemicals to clean your commercial equipment, and don't forget to also get disinfecting chemicals that keep your products safe for food contact.
- Trash cans and recycling bins: Every establishment needs a place to dispose of the garbage. Buy trash cans and recycling bins and strategically place them throughout your store.
- Mops and buckets with mop : Cleaning the floors at the end of the day helps to clean up any spills and dirt accumulated during service.
- Wet floor signs: In addition to mops, you will need wet floor signs to alert customers and employees to exercise caution when walking on a wet floor.
- Scrubbers and sponges: Order a variety of scrubbers and sponges with different abrasiveness so you have heavy-duty options for tangles and soft sponges for cleaning delicate items.
- Bathroom supplies: Be sure to stock your bathrooms with supplies like toilet paper, paper towels, hand soap, potty cakes, and diaper changing tables.
- Brooms and dustpan: Sweep down food, dust, and more with these brooms. You can use them to clean up clutter in the front or back of the house.
- Cleaning of chemical buckets: Mix cleaning chemicals safely by using these suitable cleaning chemical buckets. Plus, these cubes come in different colors, so you can color-code them for easier organization.
You can buy all these products and more using the following link:
This article lists many of the equipment that most restaurants need carefully selected by our restaurant equipment experts, but there may be additional products that your business needs depending on their menu and style. In addition to the equipment, don't forget to stock up on markers, whiteboards and other office supplies, as well as spices, dry products and other food and beverages.