Menus for cafes in offices, companies and factories
In order to satisfy people's appetite, keep them attentive and wanting to work; it is recommended that the dining room offer Menus that include a variety of lightweight options. Among the aspects to consider are:
- 50% of our daily energy and nutrient requirement must come from food.
- For the control of calories, fat and protein it is recommended: consume; meat maximum 3 times a week and in portions of approx. 100 grams; fish at least once a week in an amount of 1 grams; preferably use canola or sunflower oil when cooking.
- To meet the vitamin and mineral requirements, you must consume vegetables: in salads, steamed, cooked or stewed in portions of approximately 200 grams, at least 3 times a week.
Consider the type of work being done
- If they are employees of workshop, should be preferred menus low in calories, especially fat; They are rich in complex carbohydrates which helps to promote the feeling of satiety, examples of this are: salads, vegetable soups, grilled vegetables and preparations that do not include much fat in their preparation. The dishes that make up the food must provide a total of between 600 to 720 kcal.
- If they are employees with high physical activity, they should offer menuIt's more caloric, but you should still take care of the amount of fat. Increasing calories can be done with an increased serving of vegetables, salads, potatoes, rice, whole grains, low-fat dairy, and desserts made from fresh seasonal fruit.
Propose culinary weeks with a special theme, to make creative mealtime. Here are some suggestions:
- At the beginning of the year, program the weeks with exact days, with a maximum of 6 cooking weeks per year.
- Start with preparations six weeks early.
- In spring: choose fresh preparations, with seasonal fruits and vegetables; promotes campaigns to reduce and control the weight of your diners; try new recipes and observe their acceptance, if this is good, you can use the recipe within your menu cyclic.
- In summer: choose menus that are related to recreational or sports activities.
- In autumn: opt for more elaborate preparations, served hot, but do not neglect fats and do not abuse salt or seasonings, instead use spices and / or scented herbs.
- Plan the menus cyclical 6 or 8 weeks in advance.
- If several strong dishes are served, at least one of them must be vegetarian and one for people with heart conditions (generally low in fat and cholesterol).
- Strong meat dishes are allowed a maximum of 2 times a week, fish 1-2 times a week.
- It offers a portion of vegetables and salads on the menu, varying them every day.
Tips to implement "5 per day" in menu planning
For breakfast and lunch:
- Some healthy options are: sliced banana, blackberries, strawberries, or raisins with hot-cakes, oatmeal with fruit, whole-wheat toast, granola, whole-grain box cereal.
- Freshly made fresh juice.
- Scrambled eggs or omelets with broccoli, green beans, asparagus, spinach, mushrooms, or tomato.
For lunch and dinner:
- Fresh vegetable soups with little salt or seasonings, improving their flavor with herbs and spices.
- Add a "crunchy" touch to sandwiches and baguettes, with lettuce, spinach, germ and cucumber, which must be previously washed and disinfected.
- Use tomato or tomato sauces to make pasta or fish.
- Bake potatoes with sour cream or reduced fat.
- Accompany the roast meat or chicken, with roasted pumpkins, peppers or aubergine.
For salads use:
- Red, green, yellow bell pepper, sliced broccoli, carrot for a fresh touch.
- Carrots, beets, red cabbage, and spinach leaves add color to salads.
- Pineapple, raisins and apple pieces, enhance the tuna or chicken salads.
- Orange wedges, grapefruit, and nectarine slices add extra flavor to any salad.
- Citrus juice or fruit juice can be used in reduced fat homemade dressings.
As snacks or snacks:
- Vegetables and sliced fruit with different dressings are excellent options for snacks that are made outside the home.
- It offers smoothies or smoothies made with semi-skimmed milk, plain yogurt, and fruit like strawberries, papaya, or peaches.
- Add chopped tomato, lettuce, onion, and bell pepper to tacos and nachos