The planning of menu eIt is a process that takes into account two aspects:
First: The type of installation and service it provides
Second: Los productos y recursos disponibles de la instalación
This aspect includes the characteristics of the establishment, the equipment and supplies it has, and also the technical qualification of the personnel working in the production and service of food.
To define the products to be served in the establishment, debe tenerse en consideración: los hábitos alimentarios, preferences and nutritional needs of diners, and also that the type, color, texture, flavor and nutritional value of the foods to be offered harmoniously combine, so that a varied menu is obtained.
De forma general, para poder realizar el proceso de planificación del menú en cualquier establecimiento, debemos tener en cuenta los siguientes factores:
- Demand for dishes by diners
- Available raw materials
- Facilities and equipment that the establishment has.
- Staff knowledge and skills
- The correspondence of the Prices with the quality and quantity of the products provided.
The one who plans the menu, it must have, among others, the following characteristics:
- Knowledge of preferences from the diners and from the food that is available.
- Complacency of the tastes of the diners and not of the own tastes.
- Ability to employ equipment and personnel.
- Taste for working with food and preparing recipes.
OBJECTIVES WHEN PLANNING THE MENU
- Agradar a los diners. If this goal is not met, all the others stop making sense.
- To satisfy as much as possible the nutritional needs of diners, according to their requirements and / or the activity they carry out.
- Mantenerse dentro de los límites del budget.
- Establish the bases for carrying out other activities such as: determining the raw materials that must be purchased, the technical personnel required, etc.
IMPORTANCIA DE LA RECETA EN LA PLANIFICACIÓN DEL MENÚ.
- Yes, control las cantidades de materials
- For the safety of culinary staff, so that they know exactly what to prepare.
- Para satisfacer a los diners, ya que si las cantidades no son uniformes los comensales no estarán satisfechos y formularán quejas.
FOR THAT IS NECESSARY
Train culinary personnel in: Use of recipes and Proper use of equipment and utensils