1. Detect it
These days, you can find healthy foods almost everywhere. The trick is knowing what you are getting into before you hit the restaurant and be tempted by the attractive menu descriptions. Many restaurants They have their menus online, some with nutritional information available. You can choose the destination with the healthiest options and enter the restaurant ready to order the best food and request substitutions when necessary.
Before leaving, do a plan:
- Eat a light dinner if you had a big lunch that day. Or, if you know ahead of time that you are going to a restaurantPlan light meals throughout the day.
- Commit to eating slowly. It takes about 20 minutes for your brain to receive the message from your stomach that you are no longer hungry. Fast eaters often outnumber slow eaters, while slow eaters tend to eat less and are still full.
- Make physical activity a part of dining out. All you need is a pair of comfortable shoes. Choose a restaurant It is a 10 or 15 minute walk. You'll get your food, 30 minutes of physical activity, and avoid the hassles of parking. Or move in a group before or after eating. A brisk walk before a meal gives you time to chat. A walk afterwards helps your digestion.
2. Don't divide your plate
You've probably read tips for ordering half portions or sharing your food with a friend. But given the large size of the portions spread over some restaurants, half may still be too much. Practice visualizing what your plate would look like at home and try replicating it in your restaurant food.
And, be deliberate when ordering. Balance your meal by including healthier selections from all the different food groups, such as lean protein foods, low-fat dairy, fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. Look for fresh starter salads that give you "balance in a bowl." For example, entree salads with baked or grilled chicken, beans, or seafood provide protein along with fiber and other nutrients. Ask for a dressing on the side so you can control the serving size.
For sandwich toppings, go with vegetarian options that include lettuce, tomato, avocado, and onion; if using condiments, choose ketchup, mustard, gravy, or gravy.
Complete your meal by ordering healthy side dishes like a salad, baked potato, or fruit. Increase the nutritional value of your baked potato with vegetables, salsa or chili.
3. Add to your food
Do you think eating healthy is about what you can't eat? Focus on what healthy items you can add to your plate rather than just what foods to avoid. Look for whole grain breads, pastas, and sides; opt for foods with healthy fats like olive oil, avocados, nuts, and seeds; be sure to ask for lots of fruits and vegetables; and go for lean meat, turkey, chicken or fish.
4. Don't go hungry
You feel hungry, and before you know it you have eaten several pieces of bread with butter before your main meal arrives. If you are hungry before going to the restaurant, eat a small snack like fruit. Or, at the restaurant, order a cup of broth-based soup or a small salad to avoid hunger.
5. Stay tuned to the wording
The way a dish is described in a menu it can give you clues about how you are prepared. Look for words like “grilled,” “roasted,” or “steamed,” meaning the food is cooked with less fat, and avoid dishes with descriptions like “fried,” “breaded,” “smothered,” “alfredo. "," Rich "" and "creamy".
6. Ask, ask, ask
Don't be afraid to ask your server to help you improve your food. For example, you can order a salad instead of the usual french fries or fries with a meal. You can also ask that articles they are made with less oil or cheese, ask the server to remove the bread basket and serve the salad with dressing on the side, and request an appetizer portion of a main meal.
You can even often ask "outside the menu"; For example, ask what vegetarian dish the chef can prepare for you or if it is possible to prepare grilled chicken and steamed vegetables. Many restaurants they are happy to meet.
If you like dining out, don't think you should stop if you want to stay healthy. With a little preparation and smart substitutions, you can order meals that are as nutritious as the ones you make at home.
- 15 typical dishes from around the world that you should try once in your life - January 14, 2021
- Whiskey or Whiskey: 5 facts that will surprise you - January 13, 2021
- What is whiskey? - 2021 - January 12, 2021