It is the set of tools appropriate to the characteristics of the food, which the customer uses to ingest these. These objects are essential in our service provision. They are made of various metals, mainly silver, nickel silver, silver and stainless steel. They may have different shapes and styles according to the use that it will be given to them, whether family or commercial. its quality will depend on the category of the establishment- foundation, as well as service to provide. The pieces that make up the cutlery sets, their use and location are as follows:
SOUP OR CREAM SPOON: It will be used with these types of foods, as well as with other foods that contain a considerable amount of liquids and they are served in soup plates, cream bowls or broth cups.
DESSERT SPOON: A little smaller than the previous ones, being used for all kinds of dessert (excluding French pastry)
COFFEE SPOON: Smaller than the previous one and its specific use is to sweeten coffee.
FORK TRINCHERO: Fork with four teeth larger than the others for the use of roasts (except fish).
FISH FORK: Same as the previous one, but it is differentiated by two notches that appear on its blade, to differentiate it from the other.
FORK OF FRUITS OR ENTREMES: Smaller than the previous ones and for diverse use as its name indicates.
COCKTAIL FORK: Small three-tooth fork for use in fruit or seafood cocktails.
SALAD FORK: Suitable for this use.
RED MEAT KNIFE: Serrated edge knife for the fibrous cut of these meats.
TRENCHERO KNIFE: For the use of different roasts in the service of restaurant, its size is larger than the others.
FISH PALETTE: It is identified from the previous one by its palette shape and by the notch as well as the fork.
KNIFE FOR FRUITS OR ENTREMES: Smaller than the first but keeping the same shape.
BUTTER KNIFE: For this specific use.
How to handle cutlery
When handling cutlery, the following will be taken into account:
- Take it by the ends, never by the part used to cut. If the knife were taken by the blade, the imprint will be left printed, which in addition to being incorrect, will be unhygienic and unpleasant for the client.
- Dry them immediately after scrubbing to prevent rust or staining.
- Classify them for manipulation. This makes your job easier.
- Cutlery once scrubbed and polished will be placed in their respective tanks for easy location.
- Cutlery is transported from the office to the living room on trays, always placing a service cloth in advance.
- To place it on the table, do it leaning on a small tray, as well as on a crutch, never on the hand.
- If the customer drops a cutlery, replace it first and then pick up the dirt.
With the soup spoon and the roast fork (trench), we can replace the tongs and the serving set.
To review the cutlery, they will be transported from the office to the dining room using a tray or basket protected by a cloth. We will learn the revision and cleaning of the cutlery in later classes